Life After: The Complete Series by Julie HallMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I just finished listening to the audiobooks for the Life After series. Such a wonderfully engaging story weaving together fantasy, faith, and love. Audrey is a captivating main character, and it is easy to fall in step with her journey. Each of the books adds layers and new dimensions to Audrey's time learning about herself, her spirituality, and her relationships with those around her.
Honestly, I was not a big fan of the narrators using multiple character voices. When either narrator was speaking as a character of the opposite sex, I was immediately drawn out of the story. So much so, that I often had to pause the book, go back and listen to refocus on the words and try to ignore the voice. That feature was disappointing, as the story itself was highly engaging. I do wish I had just been reading the digital book, rather than the audio.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment