SpellBound: Tales of Naimonet: Book 1SpellBound: Tales of Naimonet: Book 1 by Thalia Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just finished reading SpellBound by Thalia Blake. I must admit, I was captivated by the cover design of this book - the artwork is mesmerizing. The story itself was good, but not as captivating as the book cover. The story is interesting, but seems to be lacking in sufficient backstory about the loving (?) family relationship between Ezabelle (and her obsession with ruling), and Merione (and her mystical powers). The storyline timeline seems to jump, with little explanation, making it difficult to truly connect with the characters. The overall plot is engaging, but the ending felt rushed and chaotic. I believe this could be a riveting book, if there was more focus on character development and relationships, as well as expansion and greater depth to the conclusion. I'll be interested in seeing how the writing develops in upcoming books in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment