Magic Awakens

Magic Awakens (The Witching World, #1)Magic Awakens by Lucia Ashta
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just finished reading Magic Awakens - it was a fantastic start to a YA witching tale. Clara is captivating and fresh, as she finds herself struggling to be an obedient daughter to over bearing and uppity parents. Her rebellious nature leads to her sudden immersion into elemental magic. Her relationship with Marcelo takes on many facets, as his role changes from healer and caretaker, to a teacher, and friend. I look forward to reading the next book in this series.

- One observation, I was "pulled out" of the story on 3 brief occasions. Once when Clara describes a tsunami, again when she comments on air pressure, and finally when comparing herself to Cinderella. In my opinion, these moments and references seemed out of time and place with the character.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment